Friday, October 10, 2008

I Beat the Rush

So, you may recall an earlier post when I professed my love for Target. My whole plan was to go to the "Grand Opening" on Sunday, October 12th, when it was supposed to open. Well, I heard from a friend of mine that she thought it was open because she saw people in the store the other day. I decided to take a ride over there tonight to see if they were really and truly open. THEY WERE!! Ohmigod I'm so excited!

I went to town.

I bought so many baby girl outfits that this child is never going to run out of clean clothes. I may never have to do laundry again. I also bought some maternity tops, a DVD of my FAVORITE MOVIE "Love Actually" for $7.50, a couple of girlie books by Emily Giffin & Sophie Kinsella's pseudonym Madeleine Wickham, and other household necessities.

And the best part?

There was virtually nobody in the store. Just me and a whole bunch of Target associates. I was in my glory. No lines. No pushing. No fighting the sales racks. Just a nice, comfortable shopping experience.

It was the best Friday night I've had in a very long time.

5 comments:

debbeblue said...

ARGGHHHHHHH!!! STOP. i love that you went to Target. I love that you had a good time. Now march your tuchus back there, return those clothes and STOP IT. are you kidding me? Just STOP it. No buying for the baby. People send gifts. You have onesis and sleepers. do NOT go there. You had your fun. Now return it.

(ok, you can keep 1 thing but that's it)

Bridget said...

Yay! You got your Target! How fun, I'm jelous :)

Kim said...

I promise I won't buy anymore stuff. I promise!!! Fingers crossed and all that stuff...

Kim said...

Bridget, if you're ever in Stoughton, MA, meet me at Target! LOL!

Sarah Pekkanen said...

Hey there --
I loved your post (and I'm a huge Target fan). If you have a second, would you mind checking out my website and letting me know what you think? www.sarahpekkanen.com
I'm a new novelist in the same genre as Emily Giffin and Jennifer Weiner. I'd love to get your feedback!
Best,
Sarah