Thursday, October 2, 2008

23 Week Appointment

Today at my 23 week appointment, I discussed with my doctor what could be the possible reasons for the pain I experienced last week. As you know, at the hospital, my midwife assumed that fibroids were the cause of that pain.

Well, my doctor's not so sure. He thinks they're too small to be causing so much pain. He mentioned gastritis. Hmm. Maybe. But for 6 days? Then he mentioned my gall bladder, because that another factor for me being "of advanced maternal age". Could be. He told me to make note of what I'm eating if the pain flares up again, since it was happening after I ate.

So, bottom line? We're going to rule out the fibroids by my having an ultrasound tomorrow to see if there's been any change in the size of them. Oh, and the best part? I'm going to ask the technician to take a peek between the baby's legs and tell me what I'm having!! (Baby, please cooperate!)

Unfortunately, the doctor still didn't have his January calendar so we couldn't schedule my c-secttion. But, I did get a good listen to the heartbeat that was nice and strong in the 140's.

All in all, a good visit! I'll let you know how my ultrasound goes tomorrow!

No comments: