Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Panic Mode

I had a rude awakening the other day of what it would be like when the baby got here. I was babysitting my friend's 6 month old son while she was at work and you'd think I was never around a baby before! It's only been nine months since Devin was 6 months old! I did OK, don't get me wrong, but it wasn't with that ease and confidence of when Devin was his age. For one, the whole bottle feeding thing? Yeah, I don't miss that at all. Especially since he couldn't hold it himself. Wow, it's amazing how much you take for granted! My mind brought me 6 months in the future when I'd be getting two kids ready and out the door by 7am. How will I do this? When you're used to just plopping the kid down with a banana, his sippy cup and letting him feed himself how do you go back to making the formula, or pumping, and holding the bottle, burping, getting up at all hours of the night for feedings and diaper changes!??!

Wow, reality is definitely starting to hit me. There's going to be a tiny baby here in 3 months. I think I need to start getting ready.

3 comments:

debbeblue said...

I think about that constantly. I can't imagine. im so inept now with infants, you'd think I never had one. having said that, I VIVIDLY remember when you were going back to work, and you were panicking about Devon and feeding him. I said to you "Well, it's only for 2 months. after that he'll be able to hold his own bottle" and you were all...Oh YEAH. That's RIGHT."

So I'll say it again, the time will fly. You only have to give up sleep for 4 months. It'll happen quickly.

You are going to do this and be AMAZING at it.

I'll watch!

Rae said...

You will do great! It'll all come naturally. Just think of before you had Devin. You didn't do any of that stuff before, but once he came you got into a groove, and you'll do it again. It'll all be ok!

Kim said...

I heart you guys. Thanks for talking me off the ledge!!