Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Fun

So I thought it might be fun to make Easter baskets for the kids. You know, buy some cheap-o little toys and a little bit of candy and those plastic eggs to put the candy in. Well, here's a rule that I know well, but must ignore when I get to the store. NEVER go shopping when you're hungry. You'll end up buying way too much crap and regretting what you bought. That's what happened to me tonight as I was making the kids' baskets.

A couple of weeks ago, Shannon and I went to my favorite store Target (see old post)and hit their Easter aisle. It would have been in my best interest to have one of those babies who had little tolerance for shopping; but I have the best baby in the world who loves to sleep when Mommy goes shopping. So, I went up and down the aisles and threw bags upon bags of candy in my cart. Tonight, as I was putting together the Easter baskets, I noticed that I bought the following:

2 @ 4-packs of Cadbury Creme Eggs
2 @ 4-packs of Reeses Chocolate & Peanut Butter bunnies
2 Hershey solid chocolate bunnies
4 bags of assorted jelly beans (Starburst, Lifesaver, Jelly Belly Coldstone Creamery flavor and Jelly Belly Kids Mix)
1 package of 8 Reeses Peanut Butter eggs
1 package of Mini bar variety pack (Snickers, Milky Way, Twix, 3 Musketeers)

I have 2 kids. One of which is only 10 weeks old and can not and should not eat Jelly Beans or Chocolate bunnies. The other one should not and could not eat a variety pack of mini bars and peanut butter eggs. Now, who do you think is going to eat the above? Bingo.

Mommy.

Mommy is supposed to be following Weight Watchers. Mommy is doing superbly on Weight Watchers. But, deep in the back of Mommy's mind, she knew what she was doing and Mommy bought what SHE likes. Mommy is not tracking her points this weekend. Absolutely not.

Now, looking at this pile of candy almost made me sick to my stomach. But, it didn't stop me from sampling each package. I'd put some jelly beans in the plastic eggs and put some jelly beans in my mouth. I'd put one chocolate and peanut butter bunny in Shannon's basket and put one chocolate and peanut butter bunny in my mouth. Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

I feel like total and utter crap right now. AND, I still have a crapload of candy left. What will I do come Monday when I'm back to tracking my points? I hate throwing things away, but I seriously can't keep this candy in my house. It will taunt me. It will call my name. And I will cave. As usual. This is why I'm always on Weight Watchers.

3 comments:

3LittleFlowers said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwww... Dont be so hard on yourself!!!

Happy Easter!!

Kim said...

Thank you my dear! I hope you had a Happy Easter too! I enjoyed myself and I'm ready to go back to my carrot sticks tomorrow morning. I ate a little too much chocolate today, but I enjoyed every minute of it. :)

3LittleFlowers said...

You cant feel guilty about something that gave you so much pleasure!!

Now, off to get CARROT HAPPY!!!!!! =)