Thursday, November 4, 2010

Really? You're back?

Yeah, I'm back. And I'm really not sure why. I just happened to look at my "Favorites" and I saw my blog. "Wow, it's been a long time" I thought to myself. "Maybe I should take a look at it for a moment." So I did.

My last post was in April 2009. Wow, it's now November 2010. It really HAS been a long time. So, what have I been doing exactly?

- Being a Mom to two very active kids
- Working full time
- Playing on Facebook during my downtime
- Eating way too much

My kids are getting older right before my very eyes. My son is 3 and my daughter will be 2 in January. They can be the best of friends and they can be the most bitter of enemies. Usually they're very good, though. But, they're very active at this age and it's a lot of work to run around after them...even if they are very good playmates. I think my being 42 and not being as quick as I once was might have something to do with it.

The working thing is tough. I'm the sole breadwinner at the moment, waiting for Mike to FINALLY finish school and get a job as a nurse. But, I don't want to push. He's worked his ass off for over two years and even though he has just one more class to complete, he's pretty much burnt out. I will wait for the perfect moment to start really nagging him. Besides, I'm pretty sure we'll be going through a round of layoffs at work and I'm wondering if I'll be spared this one. If not, then Mike is REALLY going to have to step up to the plate!

Now, the FB thing NEEDS to stop. It's gotten out of control and I know this. I only wish that I could have come up with the idea so that I could be rich enough to move out of this dump and have more than one bathroom and more than one bedroom for my kids. But I digress...

Yeah, I'm eating too much. I know this. I know what I need to do to stop, but I haven't found the motivation to do anything about it. I don't really know what's going on in my head, but I know I need to stop. Oh, did I mention that I'm paying for Weight Watchers and two gym memberships? Yeah. It's true. I love to shovel money down the toilet. Maybe after the holidays I'll do something about this...

Well, I am pretty sure I won't be posting any time soon. Who knows. Maybe I'll get off Facebook and start blogging regularly again...

Nah...

No comments: