Thursday, January 8, 2009

New Year's Resolution

I don't make resolutions. Well, I actually did quit smoking on New Year's Day 3 years ago, so I take that first statement back. But, in general, I do not make resolutions.

But, I got to thinking, I've been really really bad about keeping in touch with my friends. It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like talking to anyone when I get home from work because it's "family time". And then that turns into TV time. And veg out time. And then it's time for bed. But, before you know it, weeks go by without me talking to anyone.

But, I need to make a better effort at keeping in touch. I found out that some of my friends got together the other day and didn't call me. It was an imprompu type of thing, but I was a little hurt and upset and I realized that I had no one to blame by myself...because I had made no effort to contact them.

See how that works? I can't have it both ways. So, I really need to be better about reaching out. So, I'm going to 'resolve' to be be a better friend this year.

2 comments:

debbeblue said...

Just resolve to be more social. Don't carry the stigma of being a bad friend around. I stopped listening to voicemail because generally its just pressure to call someone back.

You think you've been a bad friend? HA! You are having a baby like - in 10 seconds, and have I been there for you? Um, hello NO>

So stop with the self flagellation. You've given plenty of love in your day.

I feel like we were at the beach only a month ago. And I'm proud of you, my friend, for caring enough to well, care. Don't stop being you but dont beat yourself up? OK?

Now get cracking on pushing that baby out.

Kim said...

Thank you for your comment. I miss you Deb!!! I have been thinking about you so much and I really owe you a phone call. Can we touch base this week????