Thursday, November 13, 2008

Job

So, today I bumped into some old co-workers from my event planning days and it made me realize how friggin' miserable I was when I was working there. I didn't realize it at the time, but now that I'm in my current job, I realize how much more I'm valued and appreciated. And, knowing how lucky I am to have made it through the company layoffs this week, it makes me that much more thankful to be working where I am. I doubt I would have survived the layoff if I was still in the event planning job. Sometimes I wonder if the Big Guy in the Sky just knows these things and puts us where we need to be without us understanding why. Who knows? All I can say is thanks, Big Guy.

2 comments:

debbeblue said...

what can I say - I don't miss it either. The only thing I regret truly is the amount of time i wasted there.

Kim said...

True dat.