Sunday, May 18, 2008

First Birthday


So, we're in the midst of planning Devin's birthday party. I've been struggling with this because, while I know that first birthdays are a big deal, I've got absolutely no desire to plan a party. For one thing, my house is tiny. Assuming the weather is good, we'll have the party outdoors. We do have a huge yard. But what if it rains? What then? My friend Deb said to put a rain date on the invitation, which I considered, but we really don't have any free weekends in June, so I don't think that will work.
In any event, the party is planned for Sunday, June 8th. The "invitation" is the picture on the right. What is being sent out is a better version, but I don't have the jpg on this laptop. As much as I'd like to take credit for being so creative, I really can't. A wonderful lady on BBC did the same for her son and I unabashedly copied hers. (Thanks Sandy!!)
We're planning on either renting or buying a jumpy house to entertain the kids that will be there. While that's an expense I didn't want to pay, I think it'll be our saving grace.
We'll have a barbecue with burgers, dogs & sausages. And, we're inviting immediate family & friends. I'm sure it'll all work out well, I guess I'm just apprehensive because of the fact that it could rain. I guess I can't dwell on that.
As the French say, que sera, sera.

No comments: