Monday, February 18, 2008

At Nana's House

So, Devin is with Nana Maureen for the next couple of days. She is a teacher's aide and is off for February school vacation. She volunteered to take Devin for a couple of days. Sweet!

Because I'm a LOSER when it comes to anyone visiting the house, I spent a good part of the morning/early afternoon cleaning the house like a crazy person. I just have this fear that my mother-in-law isn't going to think that I can "keep house". (Well, I really can't. I freaking HATE cleaning, but that's another story for another day.) By the time she arrived, the bathroom was cleaned, the living room was looking good, and Devin's room was somewhat acceptable. Everything was passable except for me. I hadn't showered, my hair was a mess and my face was devoid of anything resembling makeup. Eh, whatever. I can only do what I can do.

So, once Devin drove off with Nana Maureen & Grandpa Lennie, Mike and I began our day. The house was so quiet. It was kind of eerie. No sounds. Just us. Weird. Anywho, we did our food shopping, made our weekly BJ's run and I went to the gym. Then we enjoyed a nice dinner out at Smokey Bones. It was great.

Well, as I write this, the house is empty. Mike and I are sitting in the living room watching the news. It's so quiet. Even though at this time of night Devin would be sleeping, it's still very quiet. It's weird. I'm not sure I like it. I mean, don't get me wrong, I get to sleep in later tomorrow, I can work late if I want to, the world is basically my oyster. But I have to admit, I think I'd rather trade all that in for a smoochie from my sweetie pie. I miss him something awful!

Can't wait till Wednesday!

No comments: