Friday, March 6, 2009

I'm Such an Idiot


So yesterday, I made myself a pop tart...well, to clarify, I made myself a Fiber One toaster pastry. Chocolate fudge in case you were wondering. And yes, it's on the Weight Watchers plan and is 3 points. But I digress. So, when I retrieved said pastry from the toaster, I managed to mishandle the pastry and ended up burning my right middle finger on the chocolate fudge that was on top of the pastry. Who knew that those things could get so hot?? I was so mad. And now the finger is blistered. I had a mind to write to Fiber One and sue them. But everybody sues and it just wouldn't be worth all the paperwork.

So today, knowing what happened to me yesterday, I made sure that I was careful when handling the pastry when it popped from the toaster. I had a paper towel handy. Bounty in case you were wondering. And I was ready to wrap the paper towel around the pastry so that I could gently lift it from the toaster. My plan was perfect. The execution was not.

The pastry popped. I had the paper towel in my right hand ready to lift it out of the toaster. However, I dropped the pastry. Guess where it landed? Bingo. Chocolate fudge side down on my left hand. OOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEE!!!! The chocolate fudge came off the pastry and was stuck to my hand. I couldn't get it off!! I ran to the sink to brush off the fudge and to feel the ice cold water cool off the inferno that was my hand. Omigod. Pain. Pain. Pain. I looked down and noticed, not one, not two, but 7 blisters on my left hand. Omigod. It killed. It still kills.

My question is this. When in the hell will I stop being such an idiot? When? I'm waiting. I was so careful. I really was. I just don't understand what went wrong. To quote the famous figure skater Nancy Kerrigan: "WHY!?!??!?! WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!????"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

this happened to my girlfriend today with the fiber one pop tart. i was googling it and came upon your post. i think it's crazy that there's not a bigger warning on this product. i'm sure this happens all the time. someone needs to launch a class action suit. hope you're recovering well.
- austin, tx

Kim said...

No kidding!! Wow. I had no idea. Thank you for your comment.

Rebecca said...

Sorry for the burns ... but man those look yummy!!!

Kim said...

Rebecca, they were. I'm just not sure it's worth the pain. :)